Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,423

Re: Live Chat

As long as you know the security word, yes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

The security word and some other form of ID, yes?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted

If you were in the shop upgrading you would need to have id to complete the upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

What ID would that be as when I upgraded this afternoon all i needed was the correct phone number & password, no passport or anything like that

Highlighted

But you were sent a text to your phone with a PIN weren't you?

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes i thought you meant a passport or something 

Highlighted

If you didn't have your phone to receive the text, you would have needed passport, driving license etc.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ah i see because whenever i upgrade i use the old phone to pay off the device plan at the same time 

Highlighted

That's the easiest way, but on this thread, the op has mislaid his phone, so couldn't do that, therefore, would have needed id to upgrade and so the sim swap was secure due to this, which I believe is what Bambino was questioning?

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ah makes sense now thank you. Learn something new everyday especially if like me your used to the same thing each time you upgrade