cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have mislai my phone but as it was old I upgraded and picked up a new handset today.   I wanted to use the new handset but I don't want to lose the info on my original phone (which I believe will turn up soon)  - i have been trying to get advice online but can't - it says phone but my mobile was my sole access.   I am stuck now

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

nobody seems to answer just a picture saying they are looking for an available agent

Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

problem is they  tell you to phone and I haven't got a phone - my mobile is the only phone I have

Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

to keep the old numbr and upgrade to a new 4g sim you have to get a text sent to your old sim - with a 4 digit number.  

Message 23 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Keep trying live chat.
Perhaps best to try first thing in the morning now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep but that I got sent to my Dongle - because it gave me a choice for the upgrade but doesn't appear to for sim swap

Message 25 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

to keep the old numbr and upgrade to a new 4g sim you have to get a text sent to your old sim - with a 4 digit number.  

Your identity can be verified in other ways to do a sim swap if you speak to live chat - it's just security measures to ensure someone isn't trying to clone your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 26