cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have mislai my phone but as it was old I upgraded and picked up a new handset today.   I wanted to use the new handset but I don't want to lose the info on my original phone (which I believe will turn up soon)  - i have been trying to get advice online but can't - it says phone but my mobile was my sole access.   I am stuck now

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As long as you know the security word, yes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The security word and some other form of ID, yes?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you were in the shop upgrading you would need to have id to complete the upgrade.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

What ID would that be as when I upgraded this afternoon all i needed was the correct phone number & password, no passport or anything like that

Message 14 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
But you were sent a text to your phone with a PIN weren't you?

Currently using:
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i thought you meant a passport or something 

Message 16 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you didn't have your phone to receive the text, you would have needed passport, driving license etc.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah i see because whenever i upgrade i use the old phone to pay off the device plan at the same time 

Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's the easiest way, but on this thread, the op has mislaid his phone, so couldn't do that, therefore, would have needed id to upgrade and so the sim swap was secure due to this, which I believe is what Bambino was questioning?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah makes sense now thank you. Learn something new everyday especially if like me your used to the same thing each time you upgrade 

Message 20 of 26