Linked number unauthorised

Sausage
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message

I have tried on numerous occasions to resolve a serious issue i have been having with my o2 account. I will attach the evidence i have and hope that this gets addressed with urgency. On the 18th of sept i notticed the myo2 app appear on my phone. When i opened it, it contained account details of my partners ex wife. I was very concerned about this and it has caused stress for us all. Through gavering evidence it has become apparent that my ex husband has managed to get into my account from another device and remotely carry out numerous fraudulent activities. He must have been able to do this by having my o2 account number and my google account details. My phone number and my email address is my user name. He has managed to link my partners mobile number. His number is linked to my account and also his ex partners as they still share the account which is why her details appeared on my o2

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Sausage 

This is not O2.

Please see all ways to contact O2 directly here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Sausage
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You would think that would be the answer. But after a week of making calls they have no idea what im talking about. Its so frustrating. I wondered if anyone knew ho it is possible to do this
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Sausage 

Generally speaking it's not possible to unlink accounts, but in this case, as it's fraudulent activity, I'll tag @Martin-O2 and @Marjo  to see if they can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Sausage If there's been fraudulent activity on your account it's a matter for the police. https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Sausage
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been in contact with them as well
Message 6 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention on this one @MI5!

@Sausage I'm happy to pick this one up for you. We can get our Guru team to look into what's happened. I'll need some details so I'll drop you a message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 11

Sausage
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. Although i have had many conversations with the live chat team. But any help will be appreciated
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Live chat is where you're going wrong.
Calling is always the preferred option.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Sausage
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have called, emailed and been on to live chat. Its so frustrating
Message 10 of 11