cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letters threatening to pass me to debt collecting agency

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a contract which was separated into two parts: the device plan & the airtime credit. I got bored of my phone very quickly & decided to cancel my contract. To do this I need to pay my remaining airtime bill & the remaining of my device plan which was £198 & was due in August which I paid off using my credit card. It's showing up in the payment history & on my bank statement however I have had several threatening letters off o2 stating that I haven't paid the £198 & that I will be passed onto a debt collecting agency. This is stressing me out so much as I have proof that I've paid but I keep getting these letters! & the last thing I want is a mistake on o2's behalf affecting my credit score because they think I haven't paid. I don't understand what I'm supposed to make of these letters, it's really worrying me. I've spoken to several people on the o2 live chat who don't give me a straight answer, all they say is don't worry...
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Please don't bother with live chat. To get this issue resolved once and for all call on one of these numbers and speak to a CS advisor...http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122804 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Please don't bother with live chat. To get this issue resolved once and for all call on one of these numbers and speak to a CS advisor...http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call cs on 202 or google the CEOs address

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Escalate to complaints immediately http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
PS you only had to pay the device plan. The airtime part is waived for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Woaahhhh definitely call 202 asap and speak to an advisor. Live chat unfortunately aren't great when it comes to account issues.

Also, have you checked your credit report as I'll bet there's a couple of "red missed payment" notices on there already.

Unacceptable imo I'd be looking for some sort of redress for all the hassle if it was me.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

CEO O2. Google it, email his office and supply a contact number. Someone will call you but you will need to insist they remove any default on your credit file. Check it immediately. 

Message 6 of 6