cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left monthly contract now need Pac code on PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm chris from devon in the uk, new to the community so please excuse me if this is in the wrong area or is the same as old posts. I had an O2 monthly contract for 2 years (got an experia  t as part of deal) and I bought my phone number from vodaphone when I joined. 2 months ago I left contract and went onto PAYG. Recently I have been offered a free monthly sim contract by my internet provider talk talk. I spoke to O2 customer services and they said they could unlock my phone for me (been a week now and still waiting for confirmation) when I asked for a PAC code so I could take my number with me they said I had to rejoin a contract to be able to get a pac code and then cancel the contract when I get the PAC code. This just seems a way to get an extra couple of months contract money out of me!! Can I get them to give me a PAC code and stay on PAYG ???? It was my number to begin with that I bought over to O2!!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can get a PAC off a PAYG account, there is no need to switch to a contract at all and O2 cannot refuse you a PAC as this is illegal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

As far as I am aware you need to have had your payg phone for 12 months and  topped up  by £20 at least... before they will issue your PAC. Once you have done that then ring 4445 to ask for the PAC. It will be valid for 30 days (So to some extent what you were told when you phoned CS was correct

*I have edited this when given further info wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can get a PAC off a PAYG account, there is no need to switch to a contract at all and O2 cannot refuse you a PAC as this is illegal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mi5 phoned them again today got a different bloke and he gave me PAC code straight away no hassle😃

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How it should be mate slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chris ( @Anonymous) I'm glad you were able to find an answer in the community. Come back if you have any other questions or if you just want to spend some time around this awesome community slight_smile
Message 6 of 6