cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving the country

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be leaving the country to go and work abroad for 12 months. I still have approximatley 12 months remaining on my iPhone contract and wondered whether I could freeze my contract as I will not be taking this handset with me.

I have tried to ring o2 customer services but I've been on hold for almost an hour now.....!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Afraid not, O2 will only allow this for members of the armed forces in an active war zone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

See if you can reduce the monthly costs by removing any unrequired additional services or see if they'll reduce the Monthly subs charges. Have a feeling you might be able to lower the tariff after xx number of months...

Failing that you moght be able to transfer the ownership into someone elses name, they'll probablyu require a creidt check. Not sure what the process for this is or whether its stillo avauilable nowadays though.

JM

Message 3 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Interesting advice jazzmag2k, I hadn't thought of that, nicely done.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby, I really should use spell check before hitting post though slight_smile

Message 5 of 5