Did you mean: 

Leaving contract

Fabian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon,

I've been trying to contact someone at O2 now to cancel my cotnract, i've tried using the 202 number but it eventually goes to  a dead end and askes me to email them.

While contacting them it does say that lines are open between 10:00 am and 6:00pm for new comers, upgrades and canceling contracts.

the fact you can't even get to speak to someone is absolutely rediculous, how am i meant to contact a contract that is no longer required.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Fabian 

You can cancel by text now. Check this guide

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Fabian
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Thanks for the fast reply, but when i text to get my PAC code it asks me to make contact with someone on 202.

Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Fabian 

It says this

I want to cancel my contract and transfer my mobile number to another network

To do this you need a PAC code. The easiest way to get a PAC code is to text PAC to 65075

You will then receive a text message containing your PAC code (or depending on the network a message asking for security information). Your PAC code will consist of 3 letters which identify the network followed by 6 numbers

So if it's asking you to contact O2, they may want security info.

All contact numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Fabian 

All contact numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

Fabian
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

again, thanks for the reply but i have text PAC to that number and in return it has asked me to contact someone on 202.

how am i supposed to get my PAC number from 202 when i can't speak to anyone on 202?

Message 6 of 15

Fabian
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

Thanks for the reply but the post you have put contains no information on getting my PAC codes, or leaving my o2 contract we have tried all of ther numbers.

Message 7 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@Fabian You don't need to call 202. You can call any number in the link below. They are the numbers for O2 customer service. Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option to get through if you have to.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 15

Fabian
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

we have tried this and it is telling me due to corona virus there is no one to answer and the only contact is via email?

so i can only contact them via email and can't cancel my contract via a phone call.

Message 9 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@Fabian There is no email address. You have to keep trying the numbers in the link. There are staff shortages which is why you keep getting that message. There's nothing else you can do if you can't cancel via text.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 15