cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have submitted my O2 PAC today to my new provider, reasons for this decision well documented in previous posts, I believe, from information on other posts, that's all I need to do to terminate my contract with O2 ?

I have just started my new monthly charge period today on O2 so I presume I will be charged a further months tariff by way of notice until 17/11/15 ?

Gone to Tesco Mobile, so far so good, like their mobile app. to keep track on usage and of course the charge capping provision which was the main reason for the change while remaining on the O2 network, best for my area, hopefully no more nasty surprises !

Their on-line chat line appears to be a lot more accessible than O2 so far, early days !

Will see how they do with the number migration on Tuesday.

Comments on the termination process welcome.

Regards,

Tiffy2

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Well, my number migration from O2 to Tesco went ahead today as promised, all very painless,O2 have generated my final, termination bill, the big contentious one, so looking good with the O2 exit.

The only anomaly I can see is with the Tesco mobile app., was working quite happily with the temporary, supplied number, actually on my P&G phone also, was advised to re-install to the new number, however, this number is not recognised as a Tesco number so won't generate the necessary text message code to log in, can enter the old Tesco number which happily sends a code to a now dead number, can't pickup, currently a bit of a catch 22 situation !

Tesco live chat advisor claims that this should eventually update and accept the new number, within 24 hours, will have to wait and see about that, I do have my doubts !

Anyone had a similar number migration issue ?

Tiffy2..

Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Different parts of different systems need updating.
That's why it takes 24 hours to fully port - just because the sim has changed doesn't mean everything has yet.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Glad to report that Tesco have sorted out the minor O2 number migration anomalies associated with getting logged into the Tesco phone app., now recognises the old O2 number and have been able to log on with my Tesco provider phone and my O2 P&G phone, quite impresssed.

Did take a few sessions with on line chat advisors, the last one this morning raised the query to the next support level and the issue was sorted out by this afternoon, good service.

On line chat advisors are much easier to get hold of by comparison to my experience with O2, usually as soon as I log on to the site and start browsing an advisor offers to chat or I can manually instigate a chat which always connects within a minute at most, so far very pleased with Tesco, hope this continues.

Hopefully the exit from O2 monthly rental service will go to plan, apart from the nasty big bill I have to pay, not expecting any further bills after that as my "final bill" has now been issued.

Regards,

Tiffy2

Message 23 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Really glad it's sorted @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 24