cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have submitted my O2 PAC today to my new provider, reasons for this decision well documented in previous posts, I believe, from information on other posts, that's all I need to do to terminate my contract with O2 ?

I have just started my new monthly charge period today on O2 so I presume I will be charged a further months tariff by way of notice until 17/11/15 ?

Gone to Tesco Mobile, so far so good, like their mobile app. to keep track on usage and of course the charge capping provision which was the main reason for the change while remaining on the O2 network, best for my area, hopefully no more nasty surprises !

Their on-line chat line appears to be a lot more accessible than O2 so far, early days !

Will see how they do with the number migration on Tuesday.

Comments on the termination process welcome.

Regards,

Tiffy2

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Once your PAC is activated by Tesco Mobile your O2 contract will be cancelled. You will only be charged on a pro rata basis this month, and you should expect a refund. Don't cancel your direct debit with O2 until you receive a final bill.

Tesco Mobile is good, and uses the O2 network, so you shouldn't notice much, if any difference in coverage.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Once your PAC is activated by Tesco Mobile your O2 contract will be cancelled. You will only be charged on a pro rata basis this month, and you should expect a refund. Don't cancel your direct debit with O2 until you receive a final bill.

Tesco Mobile is good, and uses the O2 network, so you shouldn't notice much, if any difference in coverage.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Bambino, reassuring.

Can anyone advise on the logistics of number migration via PAC, I am temporarily on my Tesco Mobile number now as per the provided SIM, when the number migration kicks in, promised for Tuesday, will I have to change out the SIM again, Tesco Mobile claim not but I can't see how this will work as the current SIM has a dedicated phone number printed on it and presumably coded on the chip also ?

Tiffy2

Message 3 of 24

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You're welcome @Anonymous.

You won't need to swap your sim. Once the migration process begins, you will just need to switch your phone off and on several times until your ported number begins working on the sim. Ports are not done on weekends, which is why you have to wait until Tuesday.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Bambino, so Tesco Mobile were correct in their advice, a good sign for the future !

The next hurdle will be to get the Tesco Mobile phone app. working on the old O2 number once migrated, currently working fine on the temporary Tesco phone number, very friendly app., does not seem to like phone numbers that are not deemed to be Tesco's, hopefully that will change after the migration, Tesco support claim that it just has to be deleted then re-installed and it should work on the new number, will see on Tuesday.

Regards, Tiffy2

Message 5 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I assume the tesco app will be the same as the o2 app in that your number will change automatically as it is linked to your account.
However, you will notice that the number written to the sim will not change unless you change it yourself manually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the further responses.

Perhaps the Tesco number which is pre-coded on the SIM chip just remains the same, I would not have thought that this could be changed by remote connection to the phone ?

The "porting" process which is carried out by the new provider on processing the PAC may just somehow clone the new Tesco number with my old O2 number so this number is always "transperentely" routed / converted to the Tesco number in the background, I don't believe that the new provider ever re-uses the number on the SIM card again but could be wrong on that ?

Anyone ever tried the SIM supplied number after the migration has taken place, does this still work as well as the retained, previous provider number ?

Lots of questions, hypothetical really as long as the old number works post migration !

I have noted that the Tesco app. can be installed on a second mobile registering it to the Tesco phone number so can keep an eye on usage etc. from this phone also, could be useful.

Will have to stop hogging this forum soon as I am now a Tesco Mobile client although still signed up to O2 until a least Tuesday, still have an O2 P&G phone which I will be retaining in the mean time !

Hope the Tesco users forum turns out to be as good, lots of very informed and helpful people here.

Regards, Tiffy2

Message 7 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You can change the sim number by over writing it but you need to use a phone that allows it.
You can do it on an iPhone or Blackberry and some older Nokia phones but it's not possible (yet) on an android phone.
It won't make any difference to anything though as it is only a displayed number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous. There is absolutely no problem with you continuing to use this forum. You are still on O2 so you can come here any time you like. .....It's been nice chatting to you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 24

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

This forum is open to anyone. You do not need to be with O2 to ask questions or contribute here. As far as I'm aware, there is no Tesco Mobile user forum.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 24