Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract details are:

Length of contract 24 months

Contract renewal date 26 February 2018

Does this mean that on 26th February I am automatically out of contract? If not, do I still have to give a 30 days notice? I would like to leave and keep my number.

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous

How to cancel here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526
and PAC to keep your number here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
If you do nothing, your contract will continue on a 30 day rolling basis.

Edited to add tag.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous

How to cancel here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526
and PAC to keep your number here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
If you do nothing, your contract will continue on a 30 day rolling basis.

Edited to add tag.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your answers.

Well, I tried to leave O2 today by calling 202. It was fun - sort of. First I had to talk to an automate who misunderstood everything I said, mixing up the words "cancellation" with "upgrade" and "paying bills". Then it suggested to try something different, "press 1 if you want to pay your bills and 2 for everything else." In the next menu point number 4 was cancellation, so I was connected to someone at helpdesk. She asked me all sort of questions, like phone numbers, name, the reason I want to leave, can I receive a fax!!!, how much I pay per month and what model my phone is. Also I was put on hold for half a minute between the questions, because "the computer was slow". Then she said, she couldn`t identify me, because I didn`t pass the security questions!! But what security questions? One thing I couldn`t answer is the model of my phone, which I don`t remember, because I am simply not interested. It is a phone I can use it, who cares? Some letter-number combination. X/Y multiple ZO. I didn`t even buy my phone from O2. Anyway she told me now I must go to a shop in person and identify myself. Mind you the line was very bad it kept breaking up. So after work we went to Curry where I bought my O2 2 years ago. After telling them what happened they said that they cant help me as they only sell phones but they are not customer service. And my account is blocked anyway. I need to go to an O2 shop. Great. So we went to an O2 shop where I got another phone!! at least this time the line was clear. The lady asked my number, name, address and said there are no security questions at all on my account. She also asked the reason and then promised me to send my PAC number - still waiting for it though. 

So I understand O2 wants to keep their customers but this is not the proper way to do it. Give us better service, not this extreme leave punishment. 

But thank you for all your help again!

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately it's designed to be difficult but getting your PAC should be instantaneous.
If you haven't received a text by now you need to call again I'm afraid!

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5. As I still haven`t received it today, I have to call them tomorrow again. Hope they don`t want a telegram from me this time to identify myself...

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Keep chasing them mate.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, just wanted to check how you're getting on with this, any progress with getting your PAC?

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

YESS! slight_smile Finally I have my PAC code! I must say all tricks were tried on me. After I went through with the machine (your account shows you can upgrade) another nice lady received my call. It turned out that my PAC code wasn`t generated on Monday (no wonder I didn`t get it), but can I tell the reason why I am leaving? So I told her again, and then she wanted to solve it, and then I said they had two years to solve it, I am not interested anymore. Then am I interested this and this offer, then I said, I appreciate her kindness, but I have made up my mind and am leaving. All I would like to have is the PAC code (for 2 days). OK, am I happy with my phone? I am happy as anyone can be, no, I don`t need a new one (just don`t ask me what model it is). Finally the last test: while the code was being generated I was put on hold. For a good couple of minutes, my bet was 5 minutes, didn`t check it though. Well, at least the music in my ear was good. So the nice lady came back, made sure I was still there, then asked me to listen very carefully and read that this PAC code I just received lasts for 30 days and if I don`t use it, my account remains open. They will generate an invoice in 14 days after the code is being used and will bill me in another 14 days. Yes, I understand, thank you for your assistance, goodbye. And it is done!

Sorry for being this detailed, but this call took another 10-15 minutes of my lunchbreak. All together I needed 3 calls and one visit to a shop to have my account cancelled and have my PAC code. If the provider put the same, or at least half of the effort to actually provide the service they promised I would still be their customer and much more satisfied. No, I don`t think any other provider would be any different - unfortunately...

Anyway, thank you for all your help and support, I really appreciate it!

Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a palaver @Anonymous and certainly not what should be happening.

Anyway due to the efforts of the last advisor (who was actually just doing her job, unlike some of the others) you have now got your PAC....

Best of luck with your new provider wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12