cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2 and using PAC code

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies for what is probably a simple question.

I have a contract in my name that is used by my son. He wants to take on his own contract, not necessarily and probably not with O2, but keep his number.
The contract ends on 15th August. Am I correct in thinking that if I request a PAC code a week or so before the contract ends, when he uses the PAC code to port his number this will automatically end the O2 contract and I need to do nothing more?
I don't mind paying a couple of weeks longer whilst he sorts himself out.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting a PAC code and then supplying this to the new network will effectively end your 02 contract when the new Network uses it.

You can request this 30 days prior to when your contract is due to end.

02 then will send you their final bill.

Make sure you use the PAC Code within 30 days of issue.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting a PAC code and then supplying this to the new network will effectively end your 02 contract when the new Network uses it.

You can request this 30 days prior to when your contract is due to end.

02 then will send you their final bill.

Make sure you use the PAC Code within 30 days of issue.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that. I think I'll give him a couple of weeks grace to sort it out then request the PAC.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for that. I think I'll give him a couple of weeks grace to sort it out then request the PAC.

Its a shame he wants to leave.

Speak to him to ensure the new network he is going to choose provides good Network and 3g cover where he resides and works.

One way is to pick up a payg sim and test it out in a mobile.

Another tip is to request an unlock code for his current phone as its free for pay monthly customers.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Message 4 of 4