Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving O2 after data nightmare

KarenJDUW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last week wasn't fun for any O2 customers who were unable to use the internet. I have contacted O2 in 3 different ways (messager, raise a complaint with Resolver and called) but still unable to get my pac number and have the end of contract fee waived which I think they should do due to their failure to provide the service. O2 can you respond to me? 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KarenJDUW O2 won’t waive the contract fee. Also this is a customer forum so o2 won’t respond to you. Please read this guide to get your pac 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KarenJDUW O2 won’t waive the contract fee. Also this is a customer forum so o2 won’t respond to you. Please read this guide to get your pac 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@KarenJDUW

How to cancel here but you must pay any fees due https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Just to add, dont just cancel the Direct Debit and move elsewhere as this will have repercussions on your credit report and they will chase you for any debt owed.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
End of contract fee waived?
They probably won't respond as you have asked for an unreasonable request.
And yes, it's unreasonable.
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KarenJDUW I suggest you read the Terms & Conditions of the contract you agreed to. Losing service for one day does not constitute grounds for waiving what you still may owe.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

If you didn’t pay your bill for 1 day and O2 terminated your contract for breach of it and required you to pay all charges due under the contract would that be reasonable?

There is your answer

Message 7 of 8

Mike_T
  • 34 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your comments. We have an official topic about last week’s network issues so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one place. Please use this thread for updates and to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The Community team

Message 8 of 8