cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving BB for Android, question about payg data bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, after a very frustrating online chat with someone from o2 who clearly had no clue what they were on about, I'm calling on you smart cookies for real help!

Basically I'm finally casting aside my Blackberry for the Samsung S3 Mini so want some clarification about what to do with my data bolt on.

I currently have the BB bolt on which will obviously not work on my new Android phone, so is it simply a matter of ringing o2 to cancel the current BB bolt on and set up the £6 all rounder one when I have the new phone? Or is it handier to do just it online via My o2, although I think I read in another post that this can take a while to apply?

I was hoping I would be able to simply swap the bolt ons meaning I would only have to pay the £1 difference but I now realise this was wishful thinking!

Hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PapaDug and bandofbrothers, just to clarify I am in fact female and I thought that would be clear from my username lol! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for your advice re: the S3 Mini but after doing lots of research into the right phone for my needs and budget this one ticked all the boxes for me: 8GB of internal memory, 1GB of RAM and the latest Android OS. It's also my first touchscreen phone so I wasn't really looking for high end specs, just one I can use properly!

I got the data bolt on swapped in store and it's taken effect immediately as far as I can tell so all is good in the world!

Message 11 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi PapaDug and bandofbrothers, just to clarify I am in fact female and I thought that would be clear from my username lol! Smiley Very Happy

I got the data bolt on swapped in store and it's taken effect immediately as far as I can tell so all is good in the world!

Sometimes you have to do your own thing and ignore the inter-phone rivalry here! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please forgive bandofbrothers for his incompetence in calling you male! Smiley LOL But since you're female..."How you doin'?" {said in a completely cheesy Joey voice} Smiley LOL

Anyway, I advised you against the S3 Mini because my boss was of the same thinking as you, the S3 was too big for her and the Mini was still a step up from her last Android. However it is causing her no end of problems with hanging, problems charging (which seem to be a known fault with the mini)...I could go on.

I'm not one to go for specs, its all about what you want the phone to do and which phone is best for you. All phones have their faults, so its down to you which phone you decide yu can put up with!

But dont come crying to me when your S3 Mini is doing your head in Smiley Very Happy tongue

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha I'm doin' good thanks!

I do appreciate the advice and fingers crossed this phone doesn't give me the same problems my BB did, mainly turning itself off whenever it felt like it so my alarm didn't go off leaving me stressed and late for work!

I guess any phone (even the almighty iPhone!) can have problems since there's so many produced each year, guess I'll have to wait and see how I get on with this one, it's also my first Samsung...
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Haha I'm doin' good thanks!

I do appreciate the advice and fingers crossed this phone doesn't give me the same problems my BB did, mainly turning itself off whenever it felt like it so my alarm didn't go off leaving me stressed and late for work!

I guess any phone (even the almighty iPhone!) can have problems since there's so many produced each year, guess I'll have to wait and see how I get on with this one, it's also my first Samsung...

Good choice:smileyhappy:

Message 15 of 15