cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving BB for Android, question about payg data bolt on

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, after a very frustrating online chat with someone from o2 who clearly had no clue what they were on about, I'm calling on you smart cookies for real help!

Basically I'm finally casting aside my Blackberry for the Samsung S3 Mini so want some clarification about what to do with my data bolt on.

I currently have the BB bolt on which will obviously not work on my new Android phone, so is it simply a matter of ringing o2 to cancel the current BB bolt on and set up the £6 all rounder one when I have the new phone? Or is it handier to do just it online via My o2, although I think I read in another post that this can take a while to apply?

I was hoping I would be able to simply swap the bolt ons meaning I would only have to pay the £1 difference but I now realise this was wishful thinking!

Hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Live Chat is manned ny non Uk Outsourced Call-Centre Staff who mainly read from a script. They are generally ok for low level non account enquiries.

As for your Bolt ons.

Any changes would take effect from your next anniversary date.

You can do the changes via your My02 or ring 02 0n 202 for pay monthly or 4445 for payg customers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Live Chat is manned ny non Uk Outsourced Call-Centre Staff who mainly read from a script. They are generally ok for low level non account enquiries.

As for your Bolt ons.

Any changes would take effect from your next anniversary date.

You can do the changes via your My02 or ring 02 0n 202 for pay monthly or 4445 for payg customers.

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your quick reply bandofbrothers.

So the new bolt on won't be applied until my current anniversary date? That's pretty annoying since it's the middle of next month!
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive just changed from a payg simplicity tariff to the £20 pay as you go go go and have to wait until the 31/7/13 before its applied.  slight_frown

You can have as many bolt ons as you want {handset dependant}, and when applied and paid for.

If you ring 02 they may be able to assist and i believe their shouldn't be a delay.

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel your pain!

Guess I'll just buy the shiny new phone and use it via my home wi-fi in the meantime.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I feel your pain!

Guess I'll just buy the shiny new phone and use it via my home wi-fi in the meantime.

I was editing my reply as you wrote.

If I was you i'd ring 02 and get them to remove the BB Bolt on and apply the all rounder which should then kick in.

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta throw my tuppence worth in!

The S3 Mini is a VERY under powered phone, its nothing like the full size S3...you should really have a look at t'new BB10 devices as well.

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry PapaDug I don't concur !

The obvious choice of handset should be the iPhone 5.

Why have Belly Pork {Blackberry}, when one can have steak {iPhone 5}

wink

Seriously tho I'm hoping the OP has done his homework on the choice of handset. Possibly the s4 would be a more future thinking choice !
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

{slaps bandofbrothers with a wet kipper in an attempt to bring him to his senses}

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some would pay good money for such treatment.

wink

Sorry to the OP for hijacking his thread.

* slaps wrist.

slight_smile
Message 10 of 15