Did you mean: 

Leaving 02 Monthly for another Network

JordanFowkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all,

I am looking to move away from 02 in the coming weeks for another network.

I have read a few posts that have helped me understand, but id still like some clarification on the points im not too sure with.

So my contract ends on the 27th july, final bill on the 27th of june and then on to a rolling contract. 

However, i am going to switch over on the 10th May, is all the below correct:

1. Order new phone off Mobile Phones Direct on a new contract and wait to recieve.

2. Once recieved, call 202 and ask for my PAC code, before they give it to me, i will have to pay the outstanding on my contract there and then? This should be one months worth (24th month) as i will have already been billed for my 23rd month on the 27th may and payment as normal on the 13th?

3. Once given my PAC code, activate with new sim and network.

4. I will recieve a £0 final bill as i had to pay my outstanding over the phone to get my PAC?

5. 02 Contract over, new one active?

Questions:

1. Will i recieve any additional charges i am unaware of?

2. Do i need to give them 30 days notice, as well as ask for PAC, i have heard this can encure a charge? Should i just not give any notice?

Any hellp would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You don't need to pay up to get your PAC.
Ask O2 for your PAC https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278 then within 30 days, give the PAC to your new network.
Once the new network processes the PAC, your final bill will be generated by O2. You then have 14 days to pay this bill.
That is the final bill so no further charges after that is paid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You don't need to pay up to get your PAC.
Ask O2 for your PAC https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278 then within 30 days, give the PAC to your new network.
Once the new network processes the PAC, your final bill will be generated by O2. You then have 14 days to pay this bill.
That is the final bill so no further charges after that is paid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

JordanFowkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will still be able to use my current phone/contract until my PAC code is used wont I?

And do you know if anthing you said will come at any type of charge?

Appreciate your response

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Your O2 sim will stay active up to the point that the new network starts the transfer process. At that point your O2 sim will switch off and your new sim will become active within 24 hours (rebooting the phone a few times helps speed this up).
The only charges will be those to pay up to the end date of your contract and any usage outside of your normal allowances.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum @JordanFowkes slight_smile Did @MI5 replies above answer all your questions or is there anything else you need help with? Any specific reason you're moving on to another contract?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5