cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave without charge email received, but have to pay off device plan?

Jasonc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, as above, but I don't have a device plan my contract is not refresh etc it's all together if that makes sense but customer services say I would not be charged to end the tariff early but would have to settle the charge for the device as though it was a refresh contract. Is that correct? My plan was a 24 month O2 30GB £26 (24mths)
Unlimited Minutes
Unlimited Texts
40GB Data
£26 a month

Thanks in advance for help 🙂
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Jasonc
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so far spent 94 minutes on the phpone being transferred  al over, and now been cut off by an agent!

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Jasonc 

One of our members @madasaf1sh  has expained it says 'MAY'

However the device will have to be paid in full

See his post here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Leaving-without-penalty/m-p/1467421/highlight/true#M230471 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Jasonc
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
no, it says "have" for me

Because of these changes you have the right to end your tariff without having to pay an Early Termination Charge. Should you decide to end your contract, you must give us notice within 30 days of the date of receiving this communication as set out in your contract. You'll find further details here.

and as stated - I don't have a device plan, I have a standard contract, so there should be no fees to pay
Message 4 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Jasonc I will tag the O2 online account advisors who can hopefully clarify this for you. @O2Nathan or @Anonymous can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 11

Jasonc
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks - I have the live chat transcript and have done as instructed with the PAC

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino thanks for the Tag @Jasonc will private message you.

Thanks

O2Simon

Message 7 of 11

ImranKQ
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous 

I've also received the email saying:

"Because of these changes you have the right to end your tariff without having to pay an Early Termination Charge. Should you decide to end your contract, you must give us notice within 30 days of the date of receiving this communication as set out in your contract. "

Could you please check to make sure this is accurate in my case too? I will PM you.

Thanks

Imran

Message 8 of 11

Jasonc
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

02simon was unable to confirm for me via PM - I spent over two hours yesterday trying to speak to somebody - cut off three times as well, plus registered here, plus live chat. Eventaully live chat confirmed to me that once I use the PAC code they provided, i will get a final bill from o2 and then need to go back onto chat and they will waive the fee. i have this in writing from o2 live chat - clearly, I asked several times - plus of course the email that clearly states I can lave with no fees, so I am not spending even more time trying to speak to somebody who can confirm it. I have used the PAC code and will do as instructed once I get the final bill - i am on a standard 02 contract, not refresh. If i have any problems with o2 I am confident any judge in the land would side with me, and/or the ombudsman given the email I received, and the clear confirmation on live chat

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Well Jason, I wish you all the luck

Customer service will be swamped with these calls and should have realised that 

If this is indeed the case then O2 need to issue another email including the advice being freely dished out by live chat

Message 10 of 11