Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Bill Payment

Laffer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All. How many days do we get after our bill due date to pay without getting that late payment charge of £3.50? Thanks All, Merry xmas N happy New Yr xx

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
@Laffer
5 days before they text you asking for payment.
If you ignore that, your outgoing calls are barred and the late payment fee is applied.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
@Laffer
5 days before they text you asking for payment.
If you ignore that, your outgoing calls are barred and the late payment fee is applied.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Laffer Try and do what you can to avoid a situation where your calls are barred. The next step after that is O2 cutting you off completely, handing the account over to a debt collection agency, and putting a negative mark on your credit rating, which can take six years to remove, which will impact you for any credit you may want to take out.

If you want to avoid all that, you should consider setting up a Direct Debit. The bill has to be paid every month, come what may, so you may as well take the pressure off yourself.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

Laffer
  • 25 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, yes I know wot will happen if I don't pay, but it's nice to know I can push it by 5 days past my bill due date before I get penalised, thanks MI5
Message 4 of 8

Laffer
  • 25 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bet O2 wudnt be to much worried if they were late with our compensation for the issue we all had on the 6th Dec.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
They are always late with any payments owed to us!

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I think you will be lucky to get 5 days to be honest.Usually a text goes out within 48 hours. Hope I'm wrong....

Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions
@Laffer I wouldn't try to push it too far. O2 take no prisoners when it comes to late payments.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8