Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Last payment of my contract

Hello

I have been told that I can upgrade my phone now but the payment for the final month of my contract has still not been paid out of my bank account. I am unsure whether to press on and upgrade today or wait till the final payment has been paid until I upgrade my current phone.

Thanks

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,434

Re: Last payment of my contract

How far away is your billing date?
If you still owe you will have to pay when you upgrade, but it will mean the device is paid off so the payment won't be taken with your normal bill.
You'll pay the same, either way you do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

My billing date is today but the device plan is already paid according to my O2 account. I have been checking my bank account a few times today but the direct debit payment still hasn't gone out of my bank account. I am not sure if it is because of the bank holidays for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and yesterday also being a bank holiday.

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,434

Yes, probably delayed due to the holidays, but if your MyO2 says device plan is paid, you can go ahead and upgrade.
You bank account will likely update overnight.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Thank you @MI5 for the information and help! And @Andy_31 I hope all goes well with your upgrade! Please let us know if you have any further questions. Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature