Did you mean: 

Last payment of my contract

Andy_31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I have been told that I can upgrade my phone now but the payment for the final month of my contract has still not been paid out of my bank account. I am unsure whether to press on and upgrade today or wait till the final payment has been paid until I upgrade my current phone.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How far away is your billing date?
If you still owe you will have to pay when you upgrade, but it will mean the device is paid off so the payment won't be taken with your normal bill.
You'll pay the same, either way you do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How far away is your billing date?
If you still owe you will have to pay when you upgrade, but it will mean the device is paid off so the payment won't be taken with your normal bill.
You'll pay the same, either way you do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Andy_31
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My billing date is today but the device plan is already paid according to my O2 account. I have been checking my bank account a few times today but the direct debit payment still hasn't gone out of my bank account. I am not sure if it is because of the bank holidays for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and yesterday also being a bank holiday.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, probably delayed due to the holidays, but if your MyO2 says device plan is paid, you can go ahead and upgrade.
You bank account will likely update overnight.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 for the information and help! And @Andy_31 I hope all goes well with your upgrade! Please let us know if you have any further questions. slight_smile

Message 5 of 5