Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lasevia Limited or Wahoo London Limited

padraigin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anybody else been charged for services that have not knowingly requested from Lasevia Limited or Wahoo London Limited?  Seems strange that o2 have not made the community aware that these 2 companies are charging their users for apps or services they have not knowingly bought!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Sarah1576 wrote:
I put a spending cap on hoping this would stop all this but obviously these scam companies get round it anyway they can

@Sarah1576 Spending caps don't work against these scam charges. You need to stop further charges by sending a STOP ALL text to the five digit numberassociated with the "subscription" (83463?).

Then ask for a "Charge to Mobile" bar on your account to prevent any further scam companies accessing the account.

More information on the payforitsucks website. 

Hope you manage to sort this out.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 11 of 15

Sarah1576
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hiya, thank you for your quick response, I don’t know the subscription number as all her messages are barred unless they are a contact (she’s only 11) I actually have no idea how her number would have leaked as she has no social media. She only has a phone to talk to her family who live in Australia and to let me know when she’s arrived at school. Do you think it’s best to go through all her barred messages?
When I got her the phone and runs up I asked the person at O2 to block everything I thought this would have been done.
Message 12 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
More than likely she clicked on an ad in a game or on facebook. They use those quite a lot.
The charge to mobile bar is the one that stops the charges you are seeing.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Another major issue with lockdown. Children at home with more time to use their phones and clicking on things they don't realise will incur charges. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Sarah1576 wrote:
Hiya, thank you for your quick response, I don’t know the subscription number as all her messages are barred unless they are a contact (she’s only 11) I actually have no idea how her number would have leaked as she has no social media. She only has a phone to talk to her family who live in Australia and to let me know when she’s arrived at school. Do you think it’s best to go through all her barred messages?
When I got her the phone and runs up I asked the person at O2 to block everything I thought this would have been done.

O2 leak your number to these "trusted third parties" when you use mobile data to access the internet. The only ways to prevent this are to use WiFi, or use a VPN. 

It used to be the case that ust clicking a link on a web page could transfer your number to a "third party" and result in a charge. However, in May last year O2 introduced a requirement for some kind of "affirmative action" before a subscription could be initiated. This usually takes the form of a PIN number, sent by text, which the consumer enters on the web page. Since this was introduced, the incidence of fraudulent charges has much reduced.

It doesn't sound as though the "affirmative action" required by O2 could have happened in this case, as the text containing the PIN would not have been received.

It's certainly worth going through the barred messages. You are looking for texts from a 5 digit number stating that you have started a subscription. Failing this, you do need to go back to O2 and identify the "service" to which your daughter became "subscribed". We can then offer further help and advice.

O2 staff are often unaware of the "charge to mobile" bar, but if you are insistent they should be able to apply it for you. It is different from the "premium charge" bars which you probably already have applied.

These scams are usually weekly subscriptions, so it is essential that you stop further charges.

Paul

paul@payforitsucks.co.uk  

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 15 of 15