Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lasevia Limited or Wahoo London Limited

padraigin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anybody else been charged for services that have not knowingly requested from Lasevia Limited or Wahoo London Limited?  Seems strange that o2 have not made the community aware that these 2 companies are charging their users for apps or services they have not knowingly bought!

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@padraigin We are aware and have help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... 

We also have a petition running here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Premium-rate-services-petition-to-O2/td-p/118...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@padraigin We are aware and have help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... 

We also have a petition running here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Premium-rate-services-petition-to-O2/td-p/118...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd wahoo London one today. This must be a new one as not heard of them before

Message 3 of 15

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@padraigin wrote:

Has anybody else been charged for services that have not knowingly requested from Lasevia Limited or Wahoo London Limited?  Seems strange that o2 have not made the community aware that these 2 companies are charging their users for apps or services they have not knowingly bought!

@padraigin

O2 are well aware that this is happening, but CHOOSE to do nothing about it. Take a look at the reviews of Lasevia ltd on Trustpilot.

Screenshot 20**Personal info** 20.09.50.png

In my view it is negligent of O2 to ignore this problem. It won't go away on it's own and demonstrates a lack of ethical standards at the heart of the company.

Customers affected by scams perpetrated by Lasevia Ltd and SB7 Mobile Ltd have an excellent case for claiming their losses directly from O2, as they have been negligent in failing to protect their customers from known fraud.

Paul

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 4 of 15

MK333
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this happen to me yesterday whilst on my mobile. I'm at the start now of figuring out how to get O2 to reject any future payment requests coming to my phone from these scammers from ' Lasevia Limited'. I didn't signup for anything.. fat fingers page scrolling from me I suspect, that then triggered a text link / 'Ad'?

Message 5 of 15

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MK333 wrote:

I had this happen to me yesterday whilst on my mobile. I'm at the start now of figuring out how to get O2 to reject any future payment requests coming to my phone from these scammers from ' Lasevia Limited'. I didn't signup for anything.. fat fingers page scrolling from me I suspect, that then triggered a text link / 'Ad'?

@MK333

You can ask O2 to place a 'charge to bill' bar on your account. This is a rather blunt instrument as it will stop any third party charges to your account, for example charity donations or voting in TV competitions. It also won't stop charges for any existing subscriptions. However it is the best solution at present. Shameful that O2 continue to allow these scams on their network.

Message 6 of 15

BexCopps
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have received one of these charges. I have spoken to O2 this morning who were extremely helpful and have added a bar onto my account and refunded the £4.50. It says on my bill that this is a games purchase and I definitley do not play any games on my device. 

@padraigin wrote:

Message 7 of 15

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@BexCopps wrote:

I too have received one of these charges. I have spoken to O2 this morning who were extremely helpful and have added a bar onto my account and refunded the £4.50. It says on my bill that this is a games purchase and I definitley do not play any games on my device. 

Good that O2 helped you with this. Disgraceful that they are not more consistent. Twitter is full of complaints from O2 customers who haven't been refunded, and who have been left to "sort it out for themselves". Similarly the Trustpilot reviews indicate that many O2 customers have been left out of pocket by this "charge to mobile" scam, despite their assurances to the contrary.

Screenshot 20**Personal info** 16.10.12.png

O2 need to stop leaking customers numbers to companies like Lasevia Ltd and allowing them to use those numbers for charging purposes.

Incidentally, make sure that the correct bar has been applied to your account. I dealt with a case this morning where a "premium charge bar" had been applied instead of a "Charge to Bill" bar. Needless to say it din't stop the charges. Insist on a "Charge to Bill" bar.

Message 8 of 15

Sarah1576
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How did you get this solved ive noticed two payments today on my daughter account
Message 9 of 15

Sarah1576
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I put a spending cap on hoping this would stop all this but obviously these scam companies get round it anyway they can
Message 10 of 15