cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Bill for 100 mins for elderly lady help?

BettyBeaulieu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am apealing on behalf of my 82 year old Mother-in-Law, her monthly bill of £8 suddenly shot up to £69!

Betty is partially sighted so has difficulty with text, and uses nothing more than a basic Nokia as she uses no internet. She got an O2 contract years ago direct from a O2 shop, for 100 mins & 100 MB data, in her last month she ran over the 100 mins by another 107 mins. O2 have charged her an extortionate amount for this. 

Upset and in shock she spent a few hours or so in a chat with O2, firstly trying to log into her account, as she has never done before hand this wasn't easy, then trying to work out why her bill was so high. In the end of hours of her tiem late in the evening they gave her a 50% reduction but confused her as she still has to pay the £69 and get the credit back via her next months bills. 

The poor thing gets untold amount of people & companies targeting her for money, I do the best I can to protect her, I feel O2 has done the min to help her here, it's easy to see she's been with O2 years and had such a bill before, and 100 mins is nothing nowadays, we have unlimited min's or contracts in the thousands of min's! She was kept on the chat for a very long time and suffered stress and confusion over what in the end to her is no reduction at all as she still has to pay £69 by 20th of May.

Surely O2 can do better than this for a loyal eldery customer? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
The only thing I can suggest is that you appeal to O2 via a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Customer services have probably done all they can in this situation. Is it worth considering an increase in tariff mins for her in the future?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @BettyBeaulieu Your best bet is to contact O2 and speak to customer services on her behalf. She will have to be there with you and give permission for you to talk to them https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

All you can do is what you have been advised above. Call rather then use live chat. Much more helpful & reliable than the service they call live chat 

Message 4 of 4