Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of upgrade choice

Keshpal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm due for upgrade soon and disappointed with the lack of choice when it come to upgrade options. Not a huge fan of iPhone and have nothing really to compare to the samsung. We should have more news around which phones O2 will be doing in the near future. Also more brand choices like oneplus, oppo, xiomi, redmi, lg, and moto!
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We have quite a few really interesting devices coming to O2 this year. Due to various agreements such as NDA's, ongoing contractual agreements and commercially sensitive information we can't always talk about upcoming devices openly, but there are a few devices I'd like to confirm that are coming soon to O2. There are more than just these coming to O2, which we'll announce in due course, but as mentioned above we just can't talk about those just yet.

Oppo Find X2 (May/June)
The OPPO Find X2 looks absolutely stunning. It features a 6.7" 120Hz QHD+ display, making it one of the best devices in the market for mobile gaming and entertainment on-the-go. It also packs a triple camera with 48MP main, 12MP ultrawide, and 13MP telephoto. OPPO have also managed to squeeze in a high capacity 4200mAh battery, 65W charging, in-display fingerprint technology, 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.

Motorola Edge (May)
The new Motorola Edge sports a 6.7" FHD curved edge display with 90Hz refresh rate. It also has a high end triple camera setup featuring a 64MP main, 16MP ultrawide, and 8MP telephoto. The Edge also has a 4500mAh all-day battery, with Turbo Power charging.

Sony Xperia 1 II (June)
The Sony Xperia 1 II features an impressive 21:9 ratio, 6.5" 4K HDR screen, equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack and cinematic quality stereo speakers. It's basically a cinephile and gamer's dream phone. Sony's array of 3 x 12MP ZEISS optics lenses on the rear pack a punch, and Sony also borrows "pro mode" from Sony's Alpha camera division for more advanced functionality. This new Sony also features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset and 4000mAh battery with wireless and fast charging.

As soon as these launch, become available to order or pre-order, we'll announce these individually here on the O2 Community as well as on our website and social media feeds. We'll also talk more openly about other 2020 devices as and when we're able to.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Looks like there is more choice coming.
Thanks for the update @Chris_K.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 20

Keshpal
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@madasaf1sh do we know if the Nokia pure view is coming to O2?
@Chris_K
Message 13 of 20

Keshpal
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Chris_K thanks for the update.
Message 14 of 20

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Keshpal wrote:
@madasaf1sh do we know if the Nokia pure view is coming to O2?
@Chris_K

Though I can't comment on upcoming devices we may be looking to range that we haven't yet confirmed, I can confirm that the Nokia Pure View isn't currently a device we're looking to bring to our portfolio.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 15 of 20

MikeTheActorMan
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Chris,

Do you know if the Pro version will be coming to O2 as well, or just the standard version? Like the Motorola Edge for instance, is just the standard version?

Message 16 of 20

Keshpal
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Motorola edge plus isn't coming to the UK unfortunately 😥 would be nice to know if the oppo find X2 pro is coming!!
Message 17 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

https://www.techradar.com/news/motorola-edge-release-date-price-specs-and-all-you-need-to-know

The Motorola Edge is set to come to the UK in May 2020, and to the US, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and in select Asia Pacific markets, in the coming months

Message 18 of 20

J0hnG
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know this is an older topic, but I thought it better to just reactivate it rather than reply.

I am wondering if there is somewhere to go where we can see phones that might be coming soon. There is also 4 phones below I am wondering if they will be coming to o2.

I am looking to join o2 after moving house and finding my old company has dead spots within the home. However most of the options I have been looking at are not available with o2 even when some of the older models are. Is there something like o2 get access to the phones after 12 months from release?

I ask this because the OnePlus Nord 2 (Jul 2021) is available but the OnePlus Nord CE 2 (Feb 2022) and OnePlus Nord 2T (May 2022) are not available. Will either of these be arriving to o2?
Additionally I was also wondering about the Xiaomi Poco X4, there are a few options when it comes to the Xiaomi brand, but the Poco X4 (Mar 2022) isn't one of them.
The final one I was wondering about is the Realme brand, I assume as I've not known them for long that they are a relatively new brand, their Realme 9 Pro was (Mar 2022) was released to very high praise will o2 be looking to start a relationship with this brand?

Thank you for any help.

Message 19 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@J0hnG 

As far as we know, O2 are not taking any newer OP devices.

As for future brands, as customers here like you, we wouldn't know, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 20