Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping same number on a different contract

Sarah2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, this can get complicated so please stay with me. Basically I have a O2 pay montly contract that has 1 month left on it, the contract is in my name but my husband uses the phone. A deal came out recently at Carphone Warehouse for a Galaxy S9 which he took out on O2 in his name, only issue is we know want to keep the number on the contract that has 1 month left (as it's very easy to remember). 

We've been in touch with O2 who told us to undertake a change of ownership and a number exchange. This didn't happen though and we keep hearing that it can't be done, this is apparently called 'churn' and costs the network too much. The only option open to us at the moment is to let the contract expire and lose the number that is easy to remember. 

Does anyone have some much needed helpful advice on how to proceed?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Sarah2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Right, another phone call (the 4th) after basically being blagged/lied to and the outcome is she doesn't know why it's taking so long to process the request (at least she didn't lie). She's submitted the paperwork again and credited me £20 as some way of an apology, but basically I'm now in limbo and even O2 have no idea of a resolution date.
What a shambles of a company.
Message 11 of 13

Sarah2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@EmilieT, is this something you can offer advice on?
Message 12 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Sarah2, I can have someone on my end look into this to see if there's anything we can do to speed things up slight_smile I'll send you a Private Message now to get some more information first!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13