cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping phone number changing family member!

Work_Related
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife uses one of my two pay monthly phones and numbers. One work / one home - I stopped needing work so she started using it instead of her non-02 PAYG.

The "work" phone contract is coming to an end so I am going to cancel, as I have just brought her a new phone and a new pay monthly contract (still 02) in her own name. However, as it has been about a year lots of people have "her" number.

I am assuming I can't simply transfer the number to her by asking for a PAC code when I cancel and then getting her to use the PAC code when her new contract turns up?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Work_Related 

No need for a PAC, in fact it won't work o2 to o2 anyway.

Just call customer service to migrate the number to the new account, which will cancel the old one at the same time.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Work_Related 

No need for a PAC, in fact it won't work o2 to o2 anyway.

Just call customer service to migrate the number to the new account, which will cancel the old one at the same time.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2