cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping old number from PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit confused now, I've just bought a new HTC One (fantastic phone by the way) and have gone to do the o2 SIM swap so I can get my old number on my new phone.

The SIM swap hasn't taken into effect yet but my new (temporary) number seems to have the contract on it, I'm a little concerned that when my old number swaps onto my new SIM, it'll get rid of the contract and just put the PAYG service on the sim.. Have I done the wrong thing? I want to keep my contract and lose the PAYG!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

did you do the swapmy sim or keep my number form?

As you have started a contract but want to keep you number it should have been the keep my number. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost

If you used swap my sim you may need to contact customer service to resolve the issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

did you do the swapmy sim or keep my number form?

As you have started a contract but want to keep you number it should have been the keep my number. http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,Ts=Webforms,T=PreToPost

If you used swap my sim you may need to contact customer service to resolve the issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think I used Swap my SIM, will ring them on lunch, cheers mate. slight_smile

Message 3 of 3