Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping numbers from two phones

Scottd93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just upgraded my wife's contract to a Sony 5 II 5g however I am going to be using the phone myself and she will be keeping her current one.

Because her new phone has a 5g sim and as soon as I turn on the new phone her current sim will stop working. Is there any way to transfer my number to the new sim and her number to my current sim? Apologies if this doesn't make sense I appreciate it isn't a usual situation
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Scottd93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
In essence I want to put my number on the new sim card off my contract which is still an active account and my wife's number on to my sim I'm using now so we are basically swapping contracts so to speak.
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Scottd93

All you have to do is put your simcard into the new phone and leave your wifes in the current phone.

If you want to use 5G then do a sim swap from your number to the new sim card.

Your wifes contract should be unaffected.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Scottd93 

You just need to do a sim swap from your old sim to activate the new sim card Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

Nothing will automatically change when you turn the phone on and your wife's contract will remain on her current sim card as it is updated by O2 on the system and pushed to the sim already.

What you now have is your wife using the new airtime allowances that came with the upgrade and you will maintain your current tariff and number when you do the sim swap.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4