cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my old PAYG number

Anonymous
Not applicable

My new phone won't take the standard size sim I currently use.... so I've sent for a new PAYG sim.

Is it possible to keep my old number?  I've looked at the help pages that tell you how to move from monthly to PAYG and from PAYG to monthly etc etc but it doesn't mention moving from 1 PAYG tariff to another. 

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Don't hesitate to come back if there is anything else we can help with....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Yes you just need to do a sim swap.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Yes as MI5 & BOB have said its a simple process. I done it on Monday with a family members PAYG SIM. I'd passed on my old Lumia smart phone that requires a micro SIM, their own phone had a full size SIM.

Before starting I kept the original SIM in the old phone and inserted the blank micro SIM in the Lumia (Write SIM serial number down before you start though it'll also be on the part of larger SIM not used). Followed the process in the link above and was complete in no time. I had to turn both phones on/off after about half an hour and everything was good to go, credit was transferred to the new phone.

Message 12 of 12