cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently took out a pay monthly contract with o2, and have been trying to move my number over.

I've completed the online form 3 times, and entered all required details, however i'm not getting any email to say the request has been received, and my old number is not moving. I've been carrying 2 phones about with me for a few weeks now.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You could try live chat (Details on the link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus) but please make sure your PAC is under 30 days old or else it will fail and you will have to contact Orange for another code.
Orange are also notoriously bad at sending the porting files for number transfers so you may have to push them for this too, although O2 should chase them up for you wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Which form and was it an o2 number you wanted to move from PAYG to contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the same thing and it didn't work for me either!

Went into one of the stores to enquire and was told by someone who works for O2 "i wouldn't bother with the online form if i were you!"

He then pointed me in the direction of customer services on the number 202.

I've had more luck this way in terms of contact and aknowledgement from O2, sadly a problem on EE's end means i'm still without my number 4 days on.

No surprise, the wait goes on!

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been carrying 2 phones about with me for a few weeks now.

Also, if you are using a PAC from a different network it is only valid for 30 days, so youo might need a new one - We do need more info though to help please?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help about PAC Codes if this is the case is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Contact both your original network customer services and o2's for assistance if you go past the usual deadline.

Good luck
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, i was following the instructions on the O2 webpage, with a link to the online form....

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

I obtained a PAC code from my supplier (Orange) and this was provided on the form. I like the idea of completing a form online rather than spending an eternity waiting in call queues.

But from what i see in comments below, i may just have to bite the bullet.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You could try live chat (Details on the link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus) but please make sure your PAC is under 30 days old or else it will fail and you will have to contact Orange for another code.
Orange are also notoriously bad at sending the porting files for number transfers so you may have to push them for this too, although O2 should chase them up for you wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7