Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

Ross2059
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, just got a new contract with O2 and I want to move my number from EE. I have the pac code which has been sent and the number off my new O2 sim card, but they kep saying for security reasons we can't complete this. Any advice on why this won't work will be great! Already tried calling 202 but due to covid19 it said I would need to check online for help. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ross2059 O2 don't port numbers on the weekend. You will have to re-enter your details on Monday. If that doesn't work you'll have to persevere with trying to get through to customer service. Best time to try to call will be 8-8.30 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Ross2059
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did this on Thursday. Tried three now and keep getting the same email from O2 saying due to security purposes. Thank you for quick response though. Much appreciated. Will try calling again on Monday. Thanks
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ross2059 Don't hold me to this, but someone else with an issue called 202 a few days ago and was having trouble getting through until he pressed the option for 'Problem With My Phone'. If you are offered that option, that's the way to go. Good luck.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think it's more a problem with the back log ausing error emails. As said try Monday. Literally hundreds are having porting problems with O2.

Message 5 of 5