Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

mmurphy8365
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I followed the instructions online to transfer my number to my new phone but it doesn't show up in my settings. How can I fix this??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If it's an iphone

settings / phone / my number

Are you sure the transfer has been completed @mmurphy8365 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@mmurphy8365 

It won't show in settings as O2 don't push numbers to sim cards.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

mmurphy8365
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As far as I know. The number used to show up on my old phone but after I sent the text to 20220 it no longer shows on my old phone and all my apps and contacts have transfered over.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Any numbers originally written to the SIM will remain, but you have to manually change to a different number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

mmurphy8365
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the information guys. MI5 I can't do it manually as I don't know the original number of the sim. It wasn't on the sim or the packaging it came with and I can't see it on or in the box my Samsung S20+5G came in.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's not important to have it on Android.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

mmurphy8365
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought because my number wasn't shown in my phone might be the reason why Whatsapp wants me to make a new account instead of logging me into my existing on. Anyway many thanks for your help MI5.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not at all. You enter your number into WhatsApp when you login and if you're already registered, it finds your account.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9