Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number

Hu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can I keep my number if, once my contract is up, I take another o2 contract but with another provider.. I have seen a good deal on an o2 contract through a 3rd party but o2 won't match it.. so if I go with the 3rd party but stay o2 can i keep my current o2 number, I've read only way to do this is to port to a payg then port back
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, all you need to do is call and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract which will end your old one.
No need to use PAYG sims or PAC codes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, all you need to do is call and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract which will end your old one.
No need to use PAYG sims or PAC codes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's easy to keep your number. Once you take out the contract with the third party simply call O2 and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract. That will terminate your existing contract and a final bill will be issued and an adjustment will be made on your next bill on the new contract.

No need to port your number if you are staying with O2.

Message 3 of 3