cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my number after changing from pay monthly to pay as you go!

Cheree
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yesterday i decided to change from a contract to a pay as you go phone. I rang up and got it sorted so i can keep the same number i had on my contract. My old sim card is now saying no service but my number has still not changed over to my new sim card. Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ChereeThen the transfer of number is in progress. If you keep rebooting the phone (turning off and on) you should get a signal to show the new number is now working.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If the transfer hasn't happened... then give customer services a call from the link I gave above...

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cheree

Did Cs send you a new sim? Payg sims are different to contract. If they didn't then you need a new one...

Other than that, keep rebooting your phone as it should transfer when your old one stops working.

If it doesn't work then you need to call customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Cheree
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i bought a new pay as you go sim yesterday when i bought the phone.. my old sim has stoped working.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ChereeThen the transfer of number is in progress. If you keep rebooting the phone (turning off and on) you should get a signal to show the new number is now working.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

If the transfer hasn't happened... then give customer services a call from the link I gave above...

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cheree once the old aim has switched off it can take 3 to 4 hours for the new SIM to be provisioned. 

Keep rebooting the phone until you get a signal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Cheree, how are you getting on with this? I hope you found the advice above useful, but pelase let us know if your SIM now works slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 6