Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping current number

Pitbull
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contract ends 26/10. I want a new contract via 3rd party (Mobiles UK) but still with O2 network. As I will be given a new mobile number, I want to transfer my existing number to the new contract. How can this be done. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Pitbull 

It's very easy.

Once you get your new contract, just call O2 on 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract, which will immediately end your old one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Pitbull 

It's very easy.

Once you get your new contract, just call O2 on 202 and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract, which will immediately end your old one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
^ that.
Done it twice now.
Just have to make sure the last payment on the old contract has cleared and the balance shows £0 before calling.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Pitbull , welcome to our community! Hopefully you got everything sorted now but please don't hesitate to post again if you need any additional advice. slight_smile

Cheers for your helpful comments @MI5  and @gmarkj ! thumbsup

Message 4 of 4