Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Keeping a Discounted Tariff and still get a new handset.

Can anyone tell me why O2 say you cannot keep your discounted tariff(given for being a long serving customer) and just get a new handset? After discounted talking to a customer service rep today I was told I cannot keep my tariff as they no longer have dicounted tariffs. :mansurprised: . I just want to keep my tariff and get a new handset simple really :robotindifferent: O2 say I can but I would have to pay £30.00 per month???? How is that keeping my tariff???? If O2 are trying to keep customers they are going about it the wrong way Smiley Mad 2 other networks can offer me the same deal for £20.00 per month and O2 haven't even offered to price match it for me (A long standing customer). Strange really, has anyone any idea why they swap and change their tariffs and don't offer old customers better deals?????
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Keeping a Discounted Tariff and still get a new handset.

Can anyone tell me why O2 say you cannot keep your discounted tariff(given for being a long serving customer) and just get a new handset? After discounted talking to a customer service rep today I was told I cannot keep my tariff as they no longer have dicounted tariffs. :mansurprised: . I just want to keep my tariff and get a new handset simple really :robotindifferent: O2 say I can but I would have to pay £30.00 per month???? How is that keeping my tariff???? If O2 are trying to keep customers they are going about it the wrong way Smiley Mad 2 other networks can offer me the same deal for £20.00 per month and O2 haven't even offered to price match it for me (A long standing customer). Strange really, has anyone any idea why they swap and change their tariffs and don't offer old customers better deals?????

I find myself wanting to post, but refraining, as I will only get moderated.

BUT...Smiley Wink If you can get a better all-round deal, including coverage etc, then leave. Loyalty is fickle; do what is right for you. It is your cash and no company ought to get it without at least trying to be competitive.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I can't even attempt to read all that bold.

Pointless really. Smiley Indifferent
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

It is the same tariff. However your discount was only applied for the life of your last contract and then it expires. You may like to speak with retentions who may be able to offer you a discount, it is highly unlikely you will get the same discount, and maybe even none at all.
Highlighted
Anonymous

its without the discount

Hi there

O2 have give you the same deal. Just without the discount as it has expired
As it was for the life of the contract , so don't have a dig at o2 they are just
Trying to be a business in this world and they have to be fair to every customer
Highlighted
Anonymous

did you go into a store or speak with upgrades over the phone? as neither can offer you a discount

as said - speak to retentions who gave you the deal in the first place!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've been getting the same discount for 4 years, despite the fact my contract is REALLY old. Just tell them what you want, and see how far it gets you. If you don't get anything, then you haven't lost out. Smiley Happy