cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping My Number Problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am an O2 pay and go customer, so I decided to keep my number when I changed phones 4 days ago, (using the online form), my number was transferred to my new phone but my old sim card is still working, so I now have 2 different "active" phones with the same number??

Am I missing something or does it take some period of time before the old sim is wiped? and if so will O2 automatically transfer the current balance from it to my new phone.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you changing to an iPhone? If so you would have to phone customer service.

I ask this because migrating a number from PAYG to pay monthly, doesn't need a PAC (when you phone CS they wouldn't give you one). And in the case of PAYG to PAYG you just put your old SIM in and phone to get the upgrade credit. Therefore you wouldn't have been able to use the form online.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you changing to an iPhone? If so you would have to phone customer service.
I ask this because migrating a number from PAYG to pay monthly, doesn't need a PAC (when you phone CS they wouldn't give you one). And in the case of PAYG to PAYG you just put your old SIM in and phone to get the upgrade credit. Therefore you wouldn't have been able to use the form online.

Yes it is an iPhone that I have now, I decided to keep the new sim card that was issued with it and keep my number by using the online form, rather than switch my old sim over to it as I have been told an older sim card might not handle all the updated services that an iPhone has.
So are you saying a call to customer services is the way to get the excess balance from to old sim is the way to go?

Thanks for your help

wink
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Phone customer services and tell them exactly what has happened. Don't miss anything out.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help pr grin
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
But O2 Customer Service has cost me 40% of my first PAYG payment, and they still have not transferred my phone number number from Vodafone. It's nuffin short of abysmal! :robotmad:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
It costs 25p a call, so that would be a huge number of calls.

The thread is about migrating an existing O2 number to an iPhone not about porting a number in.

In this country, we have donor led portability. Which means that Vodafone is in charge of your port, so your complaint is with Vodafone. Perhaps, it would be more effective if you posted in Vodafone's forum?
Message 7 of 7