Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep old number

Kitcat24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I've just bought a new contract with O2 from Mobiles.co.uk and my number hasn't switched over in 72 hours! I'm really frustrated with the O2 customer service. I've been told twice that my contract has been cancelled but I see no evidence of it. Everytime I ask, I just get the answer, it can take 24 hours. Calling 202 is no help because they ask me to follow instructions which are not working for some reason. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Kitcat24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh and I've always been an O2 customer. I am not switching from another network
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check in My O2 that you don't have two contracts running. If you do then you need to ask customer service to migrate your number which would close the original contract automatically.

It normally takes two to three days but can take longer if there is a weekend in the equation.

Did you get a new sim when you upgraded and if so, is that sim active?

Message 3 of 8

Kitcat24
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I have two contracts running. I have asked them to change the number over 3 times. I did get a new sim and it is active. 

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to keep calling customer service I'm afraid until you get to speak to someone who knows what migrating your number means. There is always the complaint route but even then it will take a couple of days.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/o2-complaints/services?odm=300_1_1&utm_source=O2&utm...

Message 5 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35222 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

The guru in the local O2 shop was very helpful getting a number swap pushed through, if you have a shop nearby, @Kitcat24

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Keep perservering, and make sure you are calling between 8 and 8:30am and NOT using live chat.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Kitcat24, and welcome to the forum!

Have the changes been processed since you last posted, are you all sorted? Please let us know how you're getting on with this and if you need any further help slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8