Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number

ITFCJosh
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi there everyone my girlfriend just got an Iphone SE 2020 64GB red 24 Month contract Mobilephonesdirect (Arrived Yesterday) 

She has an old contract with Tesco and wants to transfer her number over to o2... (Has Tesco Pac Code)

I whatsapp video called her (today/yesterday) to try sort it out.

she has Dysliecia and kept getting confused with how to transfer number yesterterday.. So today she filled the fourm out best she could (Tried to ring them earlier but took ages to answer and got confused with what the agent was saying) she got text message 4 mins after submited fourm saying checks have failed as we forgot Long 13 diget sim card numeber I think...

So I filled fourm on her behalf 2nd time and we put all the right info in she gave me and it said fourm submitted. 

When will we recive text or email to say it gone through?? it been about 30 mins so far and heard nothing 

Did we do the process right or will we have to ring up hope not as she will get stressed out as want it sorted 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

ITFCJosh
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Ok thanks will tell her to do that
Message 21 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ITFCJosh 

It can happen at anytime upto 9.00pm tonight.

Once the O2 sim loses connection the transfer has started, so that's the time to start rebooting.

It will usually come back on within 2 to 4 hours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 28

ITFCJosh
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for that so anytime today my girlfriends iphone SE will say no service when that happens she gotta keep restarting the phone every 30 mins
Message 23 of 28

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ITFCJosh wrote:
Thanks for that so anytime today my girlfriends iphone SE will say no service when that happens she gotta keep restarting the phone every 30 mins

Yes, exactly that @ITFCJosh 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ITFCJosh wrote:

Yes, that's what will happen @ITFCJosh 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 28

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Something to remember is that she will need to manually change the number on the iPhone under settings>phone>my number to the "old" one that is transferring in so that iMessage and FaceTime work with the correct details...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 26 of 28

ITFCJosh
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks for that it’s all sorted
Message 27 of 28

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 28 of 28