Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Keep getting calls on my mobile from Vietnam

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please.

I've recently started receiving calls from +84 Prefix numbers, which i've found is coming from Vietnam. Due to them being on the other side of the world, the calls typically occur at around 3 or 4 in the morning.

I've no idea why, i don't know anybody there, and my number isn't advertised anywhere publicly, and never has been. I assume it is most likely a wrong number, but they keep on calling. The calls are coming from 2 different numbers, both of which appear to be registered to Vietnam Mobile Provider Mobiphone.

I have 2 questions:

1) If i answer one of these calls, would i be charged?
2) If i don't answer them, is there anyway i can stop or block them, as they are becoming a nuisance?

Thanks for any help/advice.

M
Highlighted
Anonymous

You won't be charged for answering the call, as long as you are in the UK.
Some handsets have the facility to block calls.
I remember a similar case a few years ago with someone receiving calls from India. Unfortunately, the communication barrier was too great to be able to tell the person they had the wrong number.
You could email the Vietnamese phone company to see if they could contact the person calling, there's no harm trying.
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

That's annoying, I believe O2 will give one free number change if it becomes a nuisance.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. If i won't get charged, i might answer it in that case, and hope they speak english, as they are ringing the UK.

I don't really want to change my number, as i've had it for nearly 10 years, and too many people know it, so unfortunately, it would end up being even more hassle than the annoying calls.

If it's certain i won't be charged, i'll try answering the call, explain they've got the wrong number, and hope they'll stop calling.

It's a shame in this day and age, with modern mobile phone technology, that you can't block callers in the same way you can block email senders.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You can block numbers if your handset has the facility.