Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting calls on behalf of my local store

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Hi everyone,its really strange what has been happening lately.On the 1st of May i received a call while i was in work and i couldnt answer.Next thing i receive a text message saying " its a call on behalf of my local o2 store.You are due a review of your account and we have some fantastic deals available.Call us on blah blah blah,alternatively you can visit your local store who would be happy to assist. "

So i phoned up,i said what i was on and they are like "mmmm cant really offer you anything cause your on the best deal "

so i thought ok,a week later receive another call then a few days ago another.I contacted o2 for explanation and they couldnt understand.

To make things more hilarious,i dont understand how they got my details.Cause they arent my local store.I live in belfast and that store is in coalisland which is something like 45 miles away.

I cant make sense of it.Anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo It sounds as if it's from one of O2's so called 'trusted partners', who are just looking to sell you something you don't need. It's probably a good idea to block the number, and also change your marketing preferences on your MyO2 page, but it also sounds like your details are out in the wild, so you can most likely expect more of these types of calls. We always suggest to never agree to anything from a cold caller.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Charlieboyoo It sounds as if it's from one of O2's so called 'trusted partners', who are just looking to sell you something you don't need. It's probably a good idea to block the number, and also change your marketing preferences on your MyO2 page, but it also sounds like your details are out in the wild, so you can most likely expect more of these types of calls. We always suggest to never agree to anything from a cold caller.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Thanks,done as you mentioned.The strange thing is i thought i had those setting in place.I have tons of numbers blocked because i keep getting bombarded with ppi calls or life insurance.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If it's an o2 store calling you for sure it won't be a trusted partner.
More likely a franchise store on a drive to drum up more business.
Assuming it is a legit call from O2 you should just be able to ask them to stop calling you and they must honour your wishes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Charlieboyoo
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Times must be tight for that store lol.Well i blocked the number,cause i cant be bothered.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A lot of people on here had their marketing preferences changed to the default settings a while back when they changed the security on there. By accident so they say which is absolute garbage! So it maybe that you should check your preferences again unless you did it after security required a pin sent to your phone.

Just to add that the default settings removed all the previous opt out choices.

Message 6 of 6