cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just put my SIM in an Iphone4, cant't connect to the internet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just got an unlocked Iphone 4 and put my SIM which was previously in a Lumia 800 into it.

I have turned data roaming on and I have full connection with 3G but the internet isn't connecting.

Any help?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi TonyTony

If you are on a pay monthly contract for your sim card - you may need to contact O2 customer services and ask them to change the data bolt on which you have on your account.

I suspect that as you were previously using a Nokia 800, that you have a Smartphone bolt on, and if you are now using an iPhone, we need to change your data bolt on to an iPhone bolt on to give you full access to the internet for your new phone.

Apologies if the above isn't relevant for you, if you are on Pay and Go.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144370 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Any help http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,T=guruCase,Problem=Obj%2813095%2... ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi TonyTony

If you are on a pay monthly contract for your sim card - you may need to contact O2 customer services and ask them to change the data bolt on which you have on your account.

I suspect that as you were previously using a Nokia 800, that you have a Smartphone bolt on, and if you are now using an iPhone, we need to change your data bolt on to an iPhone bolt on to give you full access to the internet for your new phone.

Apologies if the above isn't relevant for you, if you are on Pay and Go.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies, I'll give them a call.
Message 4 of 4