Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a warning! Use another provider!!!

Hollypearce92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is just a warning to all ever considering an o2 contract .. don’t.
I’ve had by far the worst customer service from any company I’ve ever dealt with.
So my ex partner managed to take out a pay monthly phone contract via an online chat with o2 using my details without me knowing - obvious security flaw there..that someone can log on say they are whoever and then a phone delivered to them..I didn’t find out about this contract until he stopped paying and I had letters coming to my house from o2 with my ex partners name on as who’s been paying but my name as the account holder. I rang to try and discuss what this was about I told the guy on the phone this wasn’t my contract as I have a phone with Vodafone. - his advice was just ignore it, ignore the letters we will sort it and call you back.
Weeks went by more letters kept coming to my house as advised I just ignored them as he told me it would take the ‘fraud team ‘ a while to sort.
I then received a default notice through my door so I called again to ask what’s going on.. turns out the first guy I spoke to never even passed my account to the fraud team!!! So I asked to complain - the guy told me there’s no one to complain to - I asked to speak to a more senior person I got told there wasn’t anyone - I asked to be put through to the fraud team - they told me I couldn’t speak to them and if was adamant I wanted to talk to them I would have to tell him and he would be the go between and keep passing messages on this was the best I was offered so I explained the situation - they came back and said oh that not fraud.. well it is!!!! Regardless of if I knew the person or not!! I asked them if they could tell me if they knew this was my contract .. they told me point blank they can see this IS NOT!!!!!!! my contract but can’t do anything to help me. This has been going on since January 2019 - we are now heading into November 2019 and I’m no closer to sorting this. Every time I call I can’t always pass security because I don’t know the email address and password on the account and I only recently found out the monthly amount because it’s now showing on my credit file. When I go in store I keep getting told the same thing, and online chat is rubbish. I put a bar on the phone to stop it from being used.. I received the phone back in the post from my ex and now o2 won’t remove the bar because I’ve not paid the bill.
Can I just also point out I’ve tried to pay this contract off that’s not mine and I’m not allowed because I don’t know the details in regards to the account. I’ve emailed the CEO’s office 3 times now one guy told me to phone him.. that was a waste of time can’t get through. I don’t think o2 quite understand that my patience with this is now so thin that I refuse to be waiting on hold and passed from person to person anymore. It’s a joke which has now resulted in a default which is going to be on my credit file for 6 years for this company’s lack of incompetence.
Honestly people do not take a contract out with this joker company. You’d be better off getting 2 tin cans and string than dealing with these.
Everyone they seem to employ just either can’t be **bleep** or doesn’t know what they are doing.
Should not take a year for this to be sorted.
No happy and I think more people especially on social media need to hear about this mess
And the obvious security issue you have in regards to phones over online chat.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Personally, I'd report this to the Police and let them deal with it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Do as mi5 said snso also log into the credit reference agency and put a note on there so people can read it and I know you really don't want to but ask o2 for deadlock letter but before trying to complain speak to admin on here @Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-02 they can help you maybe they won't be available now till monday
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Hollypearce92 

Not sure whether you have seen this. It's O2 advice regarding fraud.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-advice 

It gives a link to the Action Fraud site as well

Best of luck with this. An absolute nightmare.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hollypearce92 

The admins on here are very helpful so hopefully they'll pick up your case and get someone to finally sort it for you.

I would put a Notice of Disassociation on your credit file to at least frustrate your ex if he tries this again.

Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Not a solution and it's awful this can be allowed to happen. What I don't understand however is that you managed to get through the inadequate security on the account in order to get it barred but had a problem trying to pay off the arrears with the same security details being in place.

Message 6 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation @Hollypearce92. I'd like to get someone to look into this one for you so I'll drop you a message so I can get some details. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 15

Hollypearce92
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did report it to the police along with the fact my house was broken into and robbed by the same person... nothing came of it. Utter waste of time, yet do something petty they are on it
Message 8 of 15

Hollypearce92
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie this is what’s made thing so much more frustrating Is that I’ve said I’d pay the bill but they won’t allow me to which has ended up with a 6 year default on my account just as I started a mortgage application, the bank now won’t accept my mortgage because of this whole mess of the default and it looking like I can’t pay a simple bill but yet they can give me access as and when it suits to discuss and bar the phone. Ridiculous.
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Hollypearce92 

Have you replied to @Martin-O2 's message?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15