Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining O2

whit66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently had issues with Vodafone as their signal was dreadful as decided to join o2. Firstly the signal has been worse than with three however my main issue is that I’ve now been hit with a huge charge from Vodafone. 
I requested to leave within the 14 day cool off. Vodafone stated if I used the PAC code that day it would be free to leave. I ordered my O2 sim that day entering the PAC at check out thinking I was following everything correctly. O2 then took forever to action the change and the process of porting was really difficult unlike at Vodafone and I’ve now been hit with a charge from Vodafone of nearly £200. I presume because the PAC code ended up being actioned outside the 14 days. Can anyone help me? I can’t afford to lose this sort of money at the moment. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@whit66 

Your problem is with Vodafone, not O2 I'm afraid. A PAC code must be used within 30 days so you were well within the time limit. If it's not used in 30 days you have to reapply. So you need to contact Vodafone and query the £200 with them. 

It was probably what was owed from your old Voda account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@whit66 

Your problem is with Vodafone, not O2 I'm afraid. A PAC code must be used within 30 days so you were well within the time limit. If it's not used in 30 days you have to reapply. So you need to contact Vodafone and query the £200 with them. 

It was probably what was owed from your old Voda account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@whit66 

It shouldn't matter when the PAC was used as long as you told Voda of your intent to cancel within 14 days.

If you didn't give then clear intent, you will have to pay the early termination fees.

If you did give intent, you need to call them to have the argument with customer service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3