Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with huawei P20

Liz8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apps are vanishing, the screen is freezing, it won't let me download certain apps I had before. I use Gmail and its not notifying me of new e mails until I activate it
I've been told this is an issue because of Google support.
I pay good money for my mobile and expect it to allow me to do what I need from it.
Has anyone else had this issue?
I just want rid of it and go back to using Samsung
Liz
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

According to Huawei's own website and our understanding, the Google/Huawei issues won't impact the experience for customers using devices like the P20 (ie, devices that were released prior to the 'incident'). With the issues you've described, this isn't an expected experience and isn't something that should be happening at all, Google licensing issues aside.

I'm really sorry about the experience you've had with this so far. From O2's side, if you are out of your warranty period then you could consider arranging an O2 Guru appointment in one of our stores where a Guru will see if they can resolve it, though it's possible the only real thing they could suggest would be to perform a factory reset as it does sound like the device has developed some major issues - which could all be software / OS based rather than the phone / hardware itself.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 13

Liz8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for that. I'll need to consider my options
Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme