cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues making order online

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting really frustrated. I have been a customer for over two years. Yesterday I tried making an order for an additional line. Everything passed but I kept getting the message 'something went wrong' so I contacted customer services who told me to order with a new email address. So I did this and got all the way to the end, passed the credit check signed my agreement but on the very final screen when I clicked submit I get the same error message again saying 'something went wrong'. It then asks me if I want to try again which I have and nothing changes. It also asks if I want to email my basket to me which I have done and I've got a reference number. I've called customer services with this reference number they have done nothing at all and say to contact love chat sales as it's an online order. I contacted live chat sales who also say that can't do anything. I actually cannot believe how bad this customer service is and how no-one at o2 cannot do anything about this. I wanted to collect this phone today yet now I can't. Can someone please help here?!

@Toby
@Marjo
@Martin-O2
Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This sounds a nightmare. The thing is you have emailed your basket to yourself and have got a reference number. You need to know if this order has been accepted or not. Did you make an upfront payment? It does sound as if you have to contact customer services again in the hope you find someone who will take responsibility for this issue. Best time to call is 8-8.30 am in the morning...(although it's Sunday tomorrow they do open at 8am) http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This sounds a nightmare. The thing is you have emailed your basket to yourself and have got a reference number. You need to know if this order has been accepted or not. Did you make an upfront payment? It does sound as if you have to contact customer services again in the hope you find someone who will take responsibility for this issue. Best time to call is 8-8.30 am in the morning...(although it's Sunday tomorrow they do open at 8am) http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Honestly there is not a thing anyone can do for you on here - you will have to talk to cs to sort this mess out or just cancel and go in store to buy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did speak to customer services who transferred me to the sales team. Who said the order has been accepted as 'it's generated a link'. There was no upfront payment. They said I just have to complete the last stage of the order now which is click submit which I have done and keep getting the error. I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to do if customer services won't even help. I've phoned in twice to them today and they've just transferred me to the sales team. Am I supposed to just keep calling in?
Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Cancel it and go elsewhere - if they can't provide a system that works, why should the customer waste time and effort trying?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous If you want to stay with O2 and complete this order then yes...you will have to call again. If it was me I wouldn't waste anymore time with them if honest. It's stupidly incompetent...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

However I see you have mentioned @Toby head of community and our two community managers in your first post...so maybe if it isn't sorted tomorrow they may be able to help you...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you still want to be with o2 after all this you can through CPW or some other online supplier that actually provides a working service.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm just really lost of words. I can't believe a company such as o2 have various customer service channels, none of whom can help. It's just ridiculous. I've been with them a long time and don't want accounts with various providers and I thought in this day and age ordering a phone would be quite quick, obviously I was wrong.
Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nothing is easy online with o2.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 25