Did you mean: 

Issue with upgrade contract

Abdullah161
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I've had issues with an upgrade I took during January and was wondering if anyone could help/advise.

My initial phone was bought from Carphone Warehouse with a 2 year contract that ended 17th February 2019. At the beginning of January I decided I didn't want to switch over to a rolling contract so I asked to switch to payg. A week later however I popped in to CPWH to get said phone fixed on warranty and while talking to the sales person they talked to me about upgrade options and I went through with a new 2 year contract. The upgraded phone worked fine till the Feb 17th after which my sim said it wouldn't connect to the network, no calls or texts. When I looked online it said I had a disconnected bill and talking to customer service they said after switching to payg I shouldn't have been able to upgrade but for some reason I was and the issue stems from this.

I've spent the last month and a half talking to customer service trying to get this issue solved being told that they can reconnect the account or reinstate my contract with a new number and to wait. However nothing ever happened. On March 18th the outstanding amount was taken from my bank for ~£600 and this is something I can't afford out of the blue which is why I spent the last month and half trying to get it resolved. I hadn't checked my online banking in a while and only noticed the charge today.

I tried speaking to customer service today and they said something about an internal investigation into what's happening with my account and someone would ring me back in a couple hours but they haven't yet.

Is there anything I could do about getting the ~£600 refunded and implementing some sort of payment plan instead? 

Appreciate any advise.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Abdullah161, and sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with your recent upgrade! It's been a little over an hour since you posted so I'm wondering if you got a callback in the meantime?

If you still need help, I can get someone on my end to look into what's going on. I'll need a few more details so I'll send you a private message to start with. 

Thanks for the mention @MI5  thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Abdullah161 all I can suggest is that I ask @EmilieT to see if she can help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Abdullah161, and sorry to hear you're having some difficulties with your recent upgrade! It's been a little over an hour since you posted so I'm wondering if you got a callback in the meantime?

If you still need help, I can get someone on my end to look into what's going on. I'll need a few more details so I'll send you a private message to start with. 

Thanks for the mention @MI5  thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3