Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this some kind of sick joke?

cren92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just landed in Montenegro. I have barely used my phone and I received this text:

“You've now hit your 50MB/£51.50 limit. If you want to use more you'll need to increase your monthly spending limit to £120 (200MB) by texting DATALIMIT200 to 23336. For terms see o2.co.uk/terms”

£51.50 FOR 50MB??? £120 for 200MB? What year is this? 2001? THIS IS INSANITY. At first I thought this was some phishing text. I am genuinely lost for words. I have just added the O2 Travel bolt-on which is £6 a day as a result of this message. This extra charge has to be waived from my monthly bill or I will find another mobile provider. Absolutely ridiculous! This is 2022!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Did you check to see what the charges would be while you were abroad @cren92 ?
There is a Guide: Roaming MegaGuide that covers all usage outside of the UK.

Checking this webpage (https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad ) it shows that Montenegro is NOT in the EU, so is not covered by the normal EU usage.

It also shows that you pay £7.20 per MB, so it is not cheap and the limit will be reached rather quickly.

The only thing you can do is contact customer services and, asking nicely, see if there is anything they can or will do...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@cren92 

You'll need your PAC to move networks Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Thinking of moving then Vodafone is £6 per day and EE £6.75 per day. Both of these are for days you use your phone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4