Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam call

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
0800 952 4852 Hi guys, so I've had loads of missed calls from this number and after a Google search it's not clear if it's a scam or if it's actually o2? So I've answered it this morning, and basically told them to, ahem, bog orf!! Could anyone shed light on this number please?

Cheers,

Charlie xx
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just received a call from this number. They called me yesterday as well so I picked it up this time. The guy told he is from O2 and has access to all my data. I told him, under no circumstances he should have access to "all" my data. Then he mumbled something about data protection. He tried to sell tablet and contract for family members who were on pay as you go. I told him to send the information as an email since I do not buy anything on the phone and I needed to check that he was really from O2. He said he can connect me to customer services if I wanted and insisted he was really from O2. Based on the above, total waste of time.
Message 21 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They'll be loads trying it on this time of year. Just ignore them or hang up if you've answered.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Block the number @Anonymous as advised earlier on the thread.....If they need to call you to get you signed up...they are usually up to no good....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you register numbers or near variations please?

Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.
Message 25 of 26

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you register numbers or near variations please?

How depends on the typre of phone, but usually a long press on the number in your call log will bring up some options of which one will be to block it.

If you don't have the facility built into your phone you will need an app like Truecaller or AVG etc.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 26