cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there much point in the Big Talker Pay&Go sim?

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

The Big Talker sim gives you 3000 O2 to O2 texts+50MB data if you top up for £10/month and 3000 O2 to O2 minutes+3000 O2 to O2 texts+100MB data once you top up for £15/month.

The International sim on Pay&Go gives you exactly the same txt/min/data allowance for the same amount of monthly top up PLUS quite decent call rates for international destinations.

I'm either missing something, or it does not make much sence of getting the Big Talker tariff then.

Right? Wrong? slight_smile

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose it's down to personal choice and the beauty of choice is a person can change tariff once a month if wants and needs changes.

I use the Big Bundle £20.
Message 2 of 7

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I suppose it's down to personal choice and the beauty of choice is a person can change tariff once a month if wants and needs changes.

I use the Big Bundle £20.

Agree, but what I meant was that if someone is happy with the allowances provided by Big Talker, he/she might as well get on the International SIM tariff, as there are exactly the same allowances on it plus cheap international calls on top. 😕

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with you.

If a person makes those types of calls then it would be more attractive as a tariff.
Message 4 of 7

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree with you.

If a person makes those types of calls then it would be more attractive as a tariff.

I'm a greedy git. If I can choose between two exactly the same cakes,  but one has got a cherry on top and another hasn't, I always choose the one with the cherry,  doesn't matter whether I eat cherries or not slight_smile 

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd put it as you want more Value for money. 😄
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Someone has mentioned this before and we looked into it. Couldn't find any reason why it seemed better value back then either....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7